I think all teachers have some reading texts that are dreadfully boring but have to be covered during lesson hours.This post is about how I dealt with one of those texts (Off Line Reading 1,Unit 4,text 2 -Seaweeds) in order to make it less boring and even more engaging.
- In this activity students worked in groups and used pod-boards (portable boards).
- First of all, each group was given only one paragraph of the text and asked to read and take notes the key words that tell them what the paragraph is about and other important information.
- Group members discussed and decided which points to include in their work.
- Using their notes and imagination, they pictured the text:)
- Finally, each group, introduced their masterpiece 😍 and summarized the assigned paragraph to the class.
- At the end of the lesson, students chose the best one!!!